Thursday, June 28, 2007

Road Trip

I'm heading up to Ichetucknee Springs for a camping trip this weekend. I'll be bringing my camera along. Rural areas always seem to have real gems, so hopefully I'll find a giant home-made alligator mailbox and more for next week.

This morning I stopped by DD, grabbed an iced coffee to sip on while I prowled the streets in search of my latest victims. Here they are in the order they were captured:

It's original (I haven't seen it before anyway), fairly vandal proof, I'd bet. They painted it the same color as the house, which is an "A" frame home. Hey... I get it.







I'll just keep this one short. I'm sure the mail carrier isn't really happy about this. He'll be forwarding you his chiropractic bill.





What is this? Looks like it belongs on a wall rather than a post. They have to have a key to unlock that box every day when they get their mail. I know I'd lose the key. And don't tell me I could put the key on my keyring. I lose them all the time too. So I wouldn't be able to drive my car or get my mail.








What's the opposite of "keeping up with the Joneses"?



Because I stopped to take this picture and then barely got going again before I had to take the next one, three doors down. It's another Creative Solution!














Needs more duct tape!


11 comments:

artbot said...

I've been looking for ugly mailboxes in my neighborhood and they're all so boring and normal. :-(

Unknown said...

Move to FL! Maybe wait until after hurricane season though ;)

artbot said...

Let's not get crazy here! I'm sure Washington has millions of mailboxes that look like bears or salmon or eagles. Now to find them...

Skip Frizzell said...

Opposite of "Keeping up with the Jones?"

How about "Back sliding with the Bubbas?"

Anonymous said...

Some home and garden accessories can make your enhance your outdoor living look more beautiful. You can improve your home by give a nice and beautiful mailbox. There are many selection of beautiful mailboxes on the market today. Many online store that offer high quality residential mailboxes and commercial mail boxes.
In choosing for the perfect mailbox, you surely considered many options including the shape, design, and the color. Choose a Mail box that you think most suitable for your home. Buy one to enhance your home and choose the perfect place to mount your mailbox. Change you boring mailbox and make it into a thing of interest and beauty mail box, and you home will look more beautiful.

Tina said...

Those are beautiful pictures become letterbox. The classic mailbox halt ... :)

mailboxes said...

Real good blog I will suggest www.mailboxer.dk.

Letterboxes said...

The ugly mailboxes should undergo a re-paint to restore its condition before. Older people still prefer to used this kind of mailing method rather than email or cellphone texting so you can design and renovate your boxes to make it look great.

Anonymous said...

I really like it,.it's too good share,.
"Lamp Posts Lanterns"

steward said...

Thanks a lot for this really an amazing and nice post,
mail boxes eagle rock

Anonymous said...

What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. painted mailbox